THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE CIVIC DUTY OF VOTING!
ACROSS VENTURA COUNTY, VOTERS ARE BEING ASKED TO WEIGH IN ON ISSUES AND CANDIDATES BIG AND SMALL.
THIS GUIDE IS MEANT TO HELP VOTERS SELECT THE MOST PROGRESSIVE CHOICE FOR EACH RACE.
Inclusion in this guide does not equal endorsement. This guide was researched by members of the DSA Ventura County Elections working group and has not been voted on by the chapter at large. Endorsed candidates/campaigns are selected by chapter vote.
- Luis Javier Rodriguez, Green Party
- Mohammad Arif, Peace and Freedom Party
Secretary of State
- Gary N. Blenner, Green Party
- Laura Wells, Green Party
- Meghann Adams, Green Party
- Dan Kapelovitz, Green Party
- Veronika Fimbres, Green Party
Board of Equalization Member, District 2
- Sally J. Lieber, Democratic Party
- John Thompson Parker, Peace and Freedom Party
U.S. Senator Partial/Unexpired Term
- Alex Padilla, Democratic Party
- Bradley Coburn, Independent
County Clerk and Recorder
- Michelle Ascencion, assistant clerk-recorder
- Erik Nasarenko, Democratic Party
- Jim Fryhoff (We found both candidates undesirable, but Fryhoff was the least objectionable.)
- Sue Horgan, assistant treasurer
- Daniel Wilson, No Party Preference, DSA-VC Chapter member
- Jacqui Irwin, State Assembly member, Democratic Party
- Salud Carbajal, Incumbent, Democratic Party
- Julia Brownley, Incumbent, Democratic Party
- Shervin Aazami, Democratic Party
Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Marco Amaral
VENTURA COUNTY SUPERVISOR
■ Bernardo Perez (nonpartisan)
Measures A & B